Our aim is to share our amazing learning adventure with family and friends around the world. It has been proved that children can improve their writing through blogging – as they have a real audience to write for. Our blog will also have educational and fun links for pupils to use.
Children in Year 3 will be given more detailed Internet safety lessons and will then be given their own usernames and passwords, so that they can write their own posts as well as comment. Their teachers will also be administrators.
No posts or comments will be published without an administrator checking it first. However teacher’s will not correct all the children’s spelling before publishing – it is important that the children are encouraged to edit and improve their own work, rather than rely on teachers to correct it for them.
Our Blogging Guidelines :
- Do not re-publish or share any of our blogs on your own facebook or twitter pages.
- Only use your first name – no surnames
- Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information.
- Write in good English – including grammar and punctuation.
- Be polite – Don’t post anything that could hurt anyone.
- Always show respect – be positive if you are going comment.
- Make sure you work is your own – don’t copy from other sites – you can link the site in your post, if you think others will find it useful.
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Aisha’s Mum” or “David’s Grandfather”.
- All posts and comments are checked before they are published.
We use the ‘Thinkuknow‘ website as part of our Internet safety work and you may find it useful to look at the website with your children and discuss the rules at home too.
Please contact us, by placing a comment, if you have any queries or questions, or speak to me directly before or after school, in class E1 & E2.